BEWARE OF “MOMO CHALLENGE GAME"
It is reported in the media that there is new online challenge game called "the Momo Challenge" which started on Facebook where members are challenged" to Communicate with unknown numbers . It went viral on social media platforms, especially WhatsApp. The Momo Challenge consists of a variety of self-harming dares which becomes increasingly risky as the game progresses and it finally ends with suicide challenge.
The game inspires the player to add unknown contacts on 'Whats App by the name of 'Mama'. Once the contact is added, the image of the terrifying Japanese 'Momo' doll with bulging eyes appears in contact.
LOOK OUT FOLLOWING SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
1. Becoming withdrawn from friends and family.
2. Persistent low mood and unhappiness.
3. Looking worried that stops him/her from carrying out day to day tasks
4 Sudden outbursts of anger directed at themselves or others.
5. Loss of interest in activities that they used to enjoy
6. Visible marks like deep cuts or wounds on any part of the body of the child.
PROTECT YOUR CHILD FROM THIS GAME:
1. Watch above symptoms.
2. Unless there is reason to believe your child already knows of or has played the game, don’t discuss about the Blue Whale game. By doing so, you increase the chance that your child will search for it on their own.
3. Monitor your children's online & social media activity to ensure they are not playing this game.
4. Check if their device suddenly has many new phone numbers and email contacts .
5. Install good cyber/mobiIe parenting software which helps in monitoring your children.
6. Parents should take report from child counselor present in the school at regular intervals.
8. Remind your child that you are there and will support them as they face life challenges.
Keeping in mind the growing trend of underage driving and its fatal consequences the school bars its underage students from using two wheelers for commuting. You are urged to familiarize your wards with the risks associated with underage driving. Kindly beware them of the menace and take needful measures. Non license holders are strictly prohibited to bring vehicles as Police authorities can challan and impound the vehicles parked even in the school vicinity. The school will not be responsible for any such action from the authorities.
School is concerned about rising cases of cybercrime. School children are easy victims or are involved in criminal activities.It is important to teach children ethical use of technology especially social media like Facebook Or whatsapp. Kindly note sharing any type of unwanted pictures,messages or sending insulting remarks is cybercrime and is punishable. Legal age for using most of social sites is 16 after that it is to be used under strict vigil of parent till child attains maturity.Contribute your bit for the safety of our children.
Board examinations are commencing, in this stressful period lots of mood swings, sadness, enthusiasm, rudeness can be expected from the children. It’s a crucial time to support your child, here are few tips-
1. Wake your child up in the morning with positive stroke, touch or a hug.
2. Start your child’s day with positive statement like I love you, let’s start this beautiful day.
3. Encourage your child with positive statement before s/he leaves for exam like I am sure you will excel, give your best, all the luck to you.
4. Don’t pass your anxiety or fear on to your child whatever the situation is, positive support from your end will give a boost to your child’s confidence.
5. When child comes back avoids discussing paper or asking how was the exam, instead ask how was the experience.
6. Create healthy and happy atmosphere at home specially during exams.
7. Avoid giving marks target to the child.
8. Avoid continuous advice or nagging.
9. Stand by your child even if the exam has not gone as per your or his expectations.
10. Ensure calm sleep of 6-8 hours during exams.
11. Don’t let the child encounter with negative statements or unrealistic expectations from relatives or friends as it will prove detrimental for child.
Remember each child is special and has potential to touch the pinnacles of success, only he needs your support. All the very best.
A survey on social, emotional and physical wellbeing of the students has been done in the school, where we found that children are not only struggling with emotional and health problems but are intolerant, impatient, Money demons, high speed stimulus junkies, challenge law and order, more attached to their gadgets than to their parents or family. Deterioration in values will definitely give birth to anarchically society. I request parents to provide the child with a safe, secure, nurturing, loving, and supportive environment that allows the offspring to have a happy and healthy youth . Define boundaries for kids, keep channels of communication open, limit their media exposure, keep a vigil on child’s activities, indulge child in constructive activities, encourage your child to have healthy eating habits and discourage tuition culture at least till class 8 and underage driving as well.. Let’s join hands to shape the youth, so that they can be productive contributor to self, family, community, and society.
As per the directions of Honorable Punjab and Haryana High Court and further action taken by the DC and DTO-Ludhiana, Auto-rickshaw (three wheelers), vehicles older than 15 years and the defaulter vehicles not complying with Government’s “Safe School Vahan Scheme” have been declared unfit for ferrying the school children. So you are advised to check the private vehicles in which you are sending your child to the school. Such vehicles in any case will not be allowed in school.
Kindly note only the listed Vans have the valid permit to ferry the students.
Kindly note no autos come under the “SAVE VAHAN” scheme. So, don’t send your children by auto or non agreement Vans.
Guidelines about Safe use of Internet
The internet is a time-efficient tool for everyone that widens the possibilities for self-growth. Children being digital natives use internet on a daily basis, for everything from chatting to shopping, gaming, streaming the latest TV shows and of course surfing educational sites. Unfortunately, this grand tool comes with a darker side. Allowing children to have a free access can put children at risk for cyber bullying, human trafficking, sexual assault and can also make them vulnerable to various emotional problems.
In order to help children safely utilize this extraordinary tool it is critical to teach them internet safety practices. The following tips will help you and your family minimizes your exposure to cyber risks.
BCM school dugri organized MMR vaccination drive in the school campus.The drive was conducted in two phases where 90% students under the age 16 years were vaccinated .The Measles-Rubella campaign is a part of global efforts by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare to reduce illness and deaths due to measles and rubella/CRS in the country.